Now that Game of Thrones season three has wrapped up, it’s about to time to talk about good and bad of the 2012-2013 TV season.
Here is the list of NBC shows I began with back in September or whenever the shows debuted/returned. I know CBS is supposed to be the best comedy network now, but as a hater of laugh tracks, I could never look past that fatal flaw and enjoy CBS’s winner comedies (except The Big Bang Theory because it’s about nerds!). Naturally NBC would be my favorite network.
* indicates new series
- The Office: Last season. Didn’t expect much. I only watched it because I’d been watching it for 9 years. It was a show that grew up with me. I miss watching the show as much as I miss the person with whom I watched. The last few episodes brought back so many memories and were one hell of a tearjerker.
- Parks and Recreation: Consistently entertaining. It’s not as good as The Office when it was at its prime, but it’s never as bad as The Office when it was at its low. Will keep watching.
- Community: I started liking the show less and less as it got more conceptual in season 3. At times I could finish an entire episode without laughing or even smiling at any line.I watched the first two or three episodes in season 4 and told myself it’s no longer the kind of humor I can appreciate.
- Go On*: Watched the pilot. I was never a Friends fan. It didn’t appeal to me.
- Grimm: I liked season one, but I had a feeling that season two would present more mysteries then I’d get answers for. I love suspense, but I hate unanswered questions (Don’t get me started on Alcatraz!). I also wasn’t a fan of the Juliet storyline. Gave up after two or three episodes.
- Animal Practice*: I enjoyed it till the very last episode. It’s a shamed so few people liked it that NBC had to cancel it.
- 1600 Penn*: I actually LOVED the show! I loved every character except the main star Skip! I even loved D.B although he is just a dumb hottie. I loved Jenna Elfman’s arms and wardrobe! Why couldn’t more people like this heart-warming political comedy? I wish it would come back although I know it wouldn’t.
Stay tuned. I will come back with more.